Tuesday, 24 June 2008

Titles dev.

I've been experimenting with my initial development with regards to the title sequence. Instead of the plain black background I have built a grungy textured photoshop file using various textures and images to link to the header and apocalyptic tone and aesthetic. I filled out the flowing lines in Cinema 4d to create some more visual interest and complexity, and added a subtle glow effect in after effects to the exported animation to contrast against the background. Finally I swapped out the type for the Alte Haas 'logo' and used the same angle as the header for continuity. The background flickers from dark to light to add some tension and the type still animates with noise and flickers out like a broken light at the end.

The titles and credits will only be discussed as a group later on but I want to keep experimenting so I have a clear head of what I can technically do and tighten up possible compositions and sequences to make things easier in a month or so. I still like the idea of having a type based introduction to parkour to explain the video, even it is fairly cryptic/poetic. This will lengthen the titles somewhat and determine if I treat it as such or just as a 5-10 second sting/logo



No comments: