
I then used 'sketch & toon' to shade it as a flat looking animation and rendered it for use in after effects.
I used the grungy alte haas type to mock up a quick idea of how the titles might open...
I realise it is very short and simple but I think that with some development this idea could provide anticipation for the main feature and looks somewhat atmospheric with the grain and flickering, this contrasted with the smooth flowing lines (these obviously need work) give an insight into the project. I'm still undecided on whether the main background should remain black or have some sort of texture, as I experiment with the whole thing I will record any versions and decide when I have more material to work with.
Quick Header Feedback
Dave just posted on the main blog that a new team member is on board (a third dave!) to help with compositing and also posted a couple of quick comments on work so far...
Good to see where your ideas are going. I'm assessing right now so I'll feedback in more detail later when I can. In the meantime play with the post-apocalyptic tone more. The research you've done so far is good. The more that you immerse yourself in the imagery the more the type decisions will become easier. I'll feedback in more detail later. -Dave W
I think this can be achieved first and foremost by changing the colours (more fiery and gloomy) and increasing the contrast & grunge, this will also help the type stand out against the background, I will post an updated version a little later on. I think the Alte Haas type is working well now for it's context, the copy type will require some more consideration when the narrative is further along. Assuming this post apocalyptic city is in the future I will have to choose a very modern/futuristic font, but one that will sit well with decaying grungy visuals
Slow motion freerunning video
120fps freerunning style moves
http://vimeo.com/1062601
No comments:
Post a Comment