Monday, 2 June 2008

Header v.3

Using the existing photoshop document I layered up some more texture and colour to create a much darker mood. The light ink illustrations immediately got overpowered so I decided a photo would stand up to the bold background. I made a clipping mask and cut out one of the photos I had taken of the blue screen tests, I think the 3 stage sequence would get lost against the background using photographs so I just stuck with one dynamic image that fits the composition with the mainly sideways movement.

Here is a sequence of screengrabs from photoshop documenting the stages of development.
























I think this looks a lot darker, but because of the simplified layout a lot bolder, the type has been angled and increased in size to flow with the rest of the image. I shifted the photo to the left a bit to balance the composition.

No comments: