Saturday, 7 June 2008
Meeting & C4D development
Meeting
Yesterday I had a quick meeting with Dave W that helped to focus my development, I now feel more at ease with the project and have a better idea of what the end result will be.
He asked me to start generating some general imagery with photoshop, concept art in essence mixing the photographs I took last week with some digital images of post apocalyptic environments. I plan to grab some images for reference and perhaps do some rough digital painting just to create a mood. This will aid the 3D guys when creating the environment and will also provide a large resource for me when designing the actual presentation of the project including the website and the motion graphics intro I am currently experimenting with.
In terms of the current work I have done, it seems to be going well and now I just need to expand and experiment more in order to focus on the best work.
It was mentioned that the photograph itself could be changed to one that specifically conveyed parkour (i.e a different vault with more direction)
C4D dev.
In the first video I posted I had rendered the flowing lines animating on and off (reversing) which I was quite pleased with but I thought the direction should stay the same and i wanted to try and make the lines more organic.
I animated the lines on and off in the same direction and applied a wind deformer to the splines which continued to animate them waving around slightly when they were fully animated and stopped...
I have since received some other suggestions on c4dcafe.com which recommend I apply a mograph tracer to a particle emitter...
"You need to use one of the coolest features (IMO) in C4D/Mograph. Use the Mograph "Tracer" on a particle emitter, and then apply a sweep nurbs. You'll get a totally random series of animating lines, that will look even better than that sketch you posted as a reference. The possibilities are endless when combining things with that tracer tool.
Another HUGE tip is to avoid using a circle to extrude along the resulting splines from the emitters, unless you've got loads of time on your hands. Instead, use a square. While you see the edges, the overall effect is very much the same, and it's a tiny fraction of the render time." - 'sneather'
I will experiment with this technique as this is what I was hoping could be achieved with the mograph module. The only thing I am concerned about is if I can animate it off in the same direction like the above video, the forums are proving very useful and will probably be able to answer any more queries I have and as there is no rush for the titles to be completed then I have plenty of time to achieve the results I want.
Next
I know the narrative should be finished by the middle of this week so storyboarding should be starting soon and the green screen shooting is a week on monday so I will focus on completing some strong atmospheric concept images that will help the storyboards and environment.
At some point over the next month or so I would like to meet with the lads again in a location they are comfortable practicing parkour to get some proper photographs rather than the grainy quick ones I took in the blue screen tests, these can then be used for any final presentation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment