Monday, 30 June 2008

I wanted to get an idea of where I was going with the credits before the workload of producing the design document and keying the greenscreen footage so I have been experimenting further while I wait.


Instead of the magnify effect I have used a simpler scale text animator to grow the text as it crosses the centre. While there is a bit more work to line up the scaling (offset and end/start settings depending on the length of the name etc) with the position as opposed to running it through a section that automatically resizes it, I think the effect is miles better and adds impact to the movement. The position movement could be a bit more dynamic but it's getting there. I added a flickering vignette to add to the 'aftermath' feel, adding some more movement aswell as using the flowing elements from the intro with a subtle screen, low opacity blending mode.



Stas' concept drawings

Perhaps I could utilise these concept drawings stas has just posted up as faint watermarks on the paper texture to give an insight into the process of creating the film. I would take the colour out and change the linework to a light brown hue, setting the image to multiply and fade them in and out in between sections of the credits.






No comments: