Friday, 27 June 2008

Poem permission

Meeting

Today's meeting was very productive in terms of where we are going next:

*Dave W and myself are going to assist Dave Bentick in keying out the green screen to take some of the workload pressure off. I've watched tutorials on this but never had the chance to try it in AE, so I'm looking forward to learning a new skill that will help me in the future, and help the process of production in the short term.

*I am to design a document outlining some concepts etc. for the artists working on the CG aspects remotely to ensure everyone is working towards the same ideas and aesthetic.
Dave W is collecting the info and I'm adding to it while designing a simple layout to display it all.

*The photos I took yesterday were very well received, it was difficult shooting in Manchester as the busy streets and odd angles made it tricky to get square on to full buildings but with a lot of photoshop editing (perspective, distort, warp, lens correction) I managed to get quite a lot of textures and images that are useable within the 3D environment and these have been distributed within the group.
Also some photos of graffiti I took in Germany will come in useful to add some more interest and grunge to the city.

*Stas has suggested populating the street scene with shop fronts and signs to add some character to the environment so I have been given the task of collecting some sign/logo graphics I have already done and making a few more with bits of work (Illustration and type from a motion graphics project and a font designed for a typography project will work well)

*Next week if I have time I will also start researching how to display the credits. I'm undecided whether to keep them really simple and classic with first few important credits fading in and out then the rest scrolling up or do something more inventive, perhaps linked to the opening titles

Poem

I signed up to the americanparkour.com forums and sent an email to the author of the poem requesting permission to use it in the titles. He kindly agreed so that's another thing locked off that will help with the final film...

"Hello Matt. Of course you can use the poem. I'm glad that you asked though.

I hope your videos come out well, you all do the best of your abilities, and you get a good grade on your project.
If possible would there be a way you could show me the project after its all over and handed in and all?

Good Luck!

- Casey "EastPhilly" Kandel (APK)"


No comments: