Sunday, 20 July 2008

HD titles test 1



I think the sequence is coming together now. I'm waiting for feedback on the biennial logo from the biennial themselves as to whether we can legally use the animation. Every part of it is accurately recreated in 3D including the colours and font so I can't see ant specific problems unless they don't think it looks proffessional enough.

I have cleaned up the bFreerunner logo animation by adding keyframed colour correction to smooth out the flickering a bit and also animated the vertical position to counter the jittering up and down (I didn't fasten the paper down enough so there was some slight movement as I drew the logo). I wasn't over zealous with this as I wanted it to look very handmade and DIY to show the process.

I have kept the transitions throughout very simple and mostly just fade ins and outs, as there are quite a few different aesthetic styles I thought it best to not try and link them all together with any flashy transitions.

Later on in the sequence I have added a few flashes of white at certain points to add to the flickering atmosphere, and also added a few ink bleeds to add some organic movement to the textured background and compliment the 3D flowing elements. At one point an ink bleed acts as a transition between the red colour and the desaturated grey background for the poem type.
I shot a few different angles and animations of the flowing lines so there is some variation in those now too.

The order of the poem and Traceur Tag logo was discussed at the last meeting, Dave thought perhaps the poem shoud lead into the logo however I think this would detract from the smoot transition into the space scene. Instead the logo now acts as a separator between the initial credits and the aesthetic style of the film starting with the poem.

Before I start fine tuning I will leave it open to crit on the main blog and leave it for a few days so I can look at it with a fresh perspective. Perhaps after the meeting on friday it can be finalised and I can start working towards a final render.

I am also waiting on the final credit list so I can start working on the end credits, that shouldn't be too much work as I want to keep them fairly simple and keep the same idea running throughout

No comments: