I investigated the biennial logo itself and was pleased to see that it was a grid of coloured squares that I could easily model and animate in cinema 4d with my limited skills...



![[biennial+logo+screengrab.png]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh8F9erYPMrykshd2ZtHFPdYphbiD648OSADveAlHszH8xJyM1Uwtc1Js4Mng170ymXBXVZ1qgXosdxEwya_fpm2McipWq_oArUDrMgKElo0CWjGmR8F07fTvBfCihsonebLeQqUsCFFRk/s1600/biennial+logo+screengrab.png)
I have e-mailed the contacts on the site to ask for a vector or higher res version, otherwise I will have to trace the type in illustrator. This won't be a big task as there are a lot of repeated shapes and I am quite quick with bezier curves.
In the mean time I have started some model/motion tests in C4D just rendering out a line of cubes with a simple colour material applied. I think the image would look good with a dark grey background like the one above and a reflective surface for the blocks to fall on. A few simple camera moves would add dynamics to the logo: perhaps a slow swoop as the blocks fall into place, then a quick 360 around the blocks as the type falls into place in front to the side before lining up to reveal the whole logo.

Research
http://www.visualart.be/pimpmylogo/
is a project where people send in a vector logo and 'feniks' from the mograph.net forums creates a 3 second animation for free. There is some really dynamic and inspiring work on there that is a great showcase of what can be done in a short timeframe. I will have a look through the site for inspiration for the 'biennialfreerunner' logo sting. As the title for the project has now changed to 'Traceur Tag' we have decided to use the biennialfreerunner working title as a name for the production team for any future credits related to the film.
I will create a new logo and sting for this to sit alongside the biennial logo I am currently experimenting with. It would also act as a transition aesthetically between the clean polished look of the biennial logo and the grungy dark atmosphere of the film titles
No comments:
Post a Comment