Dave W suggested to get some ideas going that I design a new header for the main blog as a mini-project. I had picked up on the fluid, flowing concept of parkour as a visual that jumped out at me at first. I wanted to disregard any 'urban' grunge style graphics to begin with so I did some quick ink illustrations from the best stock photo sequence of parkour I could find and comp them together with some ink in water photos I'd took for a recent design project in college, and a 3D wireframe image from some recent type experiments.
I used some handwritten typography based on 'geo sans light' as a placeholder header, but I knew it wasn't strong enough to stand up to the visuals.

This was the feedback from Dave via e-mail on the initial layout
"You may want to tweak the rough first as unfortunately the figure on the right looks like he is doing a spiral fart. Just a move of the figure upwards or downwards would solve this. The typeface needs consideration too. This may be solved at Thursday's brainstorm, where a tone for the project may be set."
No comments:
Post a Comment